Our vehicle’s transmission tends to be shrouded in mystery. It’s vitally important to the functionality — after all, without it, our wheels wouldn’t have the power to propel our vehicle forward. However, many vehicle owners don’t know what symptoms point to transmission issues.
It’s important to know the basic checklist of indicators so you can get any transmission problems fixed as soon as possible. They include:
- A glowing ‘Check Engine’ light
- A glowing ‘Overdrive’ light
- Leaking fluid, or fluid that is dirty or burned
- Rough, improper shifting
- Vehicles that won’t go into gear or switch gears
- Grinding noises when you try to switch gears
- A temperature gauge that reads unusually hot
- Malfunctioning Overdrive button
Your vehicle’s transmission is arguably one of the most important parts of your car and it deserves to have specialized professionals attend to its needs. By having industry experts diagnose your transmission issues you can rest assured your vehicle is in good hands and is being diagnosed properly. Having the wrong people inspect your transmission could lead to improper diagnosis which could cost thousands of dollars that didn’t need to be spent. By bringing your car to certified technicians with the tools and knowledge to properly diagnose your vehicles transmission problems you can rest assured that your transmission is being inspected and repaired correctly.